This past weekend I went to Playa de Carmen with my two friends Cassie and Emily. Playa de Carmen is very beautiful with the postcard white sandy beaches. When we arrived we settled in to the hotel and went dancing and a beach club called Coca Maya. It was very fun and very sweating. I truly have a sweating disorder. The next day we got up and went to the beach to lounge for the day. Consequently, now I am in excruciating pain due to the fact that I must not think I burn easy and since I have been living in Mexico for 3 weeks I think that I no longer have fair skin….the consequences is that my face is blistering from the hot Mexican sun…..how did I ever think only re-applying twice and sitting on the beach for six hours was ever a good idea.
I am currently getting ready to go to church. Some of us students go to a small Methodist church that is very warm and inviting. I do not always no what is going on, but I sing my little heart out in probably horribly pronounced Spanish. Then on Sunday nights we go to a small youth group type bible study. They are great and welcoming and luckily one person is able to translate if we do not understand everything said which usually happens.
This next week is going to be celebratory in
Note to self: Just wear long sleeves, pants, and a face mask when in Mexico....

1 comentario:
I feel your pain Isaac - I get burned SO easy - - - so used to SD weather!!! I love reading your blog - keep it up!
India Aderhold
Publicar un comentario