martes, 2 de septiembre de 2008

Arrival in Mexico

Buenos Dias..........
Wow, I cannot believe I am really in Merida, Mexico. I am clearly in over my head, but i am here. It was a long day of traveling, but I made in safe and sound. My mom and I left Chester at 2:00 AM to get to the airport in Great Falls by 5:00 AM. I first flew to Salt Lake and then to Mexico City, and finally to Merida. Mexico City was and experience in itself. It is huge and I had no idea where i was suppose to go because my flight did not have an assigned gate and people just point, but I made it. I will be spending the rest of the semester tih 14 Americans mostly from the Midwest. Four including myself are doing home stays and the rest will live in a central house. The central house where I am currently living is a mansion. It is where I have all of my classes, including Latin American dance. The weather is really freaking hot. I feel really sticky all the time and we definetly do not have air conditioning. We took a small tour of the neighborhood. I saw where I will be living come Sunday. It is about a 7 minute walk. I am really overwhelmed right now. My Spanish will hopefully come fast. A long summer counseling kids at bible camp definetly makes some of the knowledge disappear. Well I am here. I hope you are all doing well. If you have some addresses of people I should add to the list, send me there addresses. Mom I would like of the aunts and uncles addresses. If you feel so inclined to write me, I love snail mail.
Isaac VanDyke
Central College Yucatan Program
Calle 20 No. 112 x 31
Colonia Mexico
Merida, Yucatan, 97128
Mexico
Take Care and God Bless
Isaac

No hay comentarios: