
Hola
Today I sit with muy rojo (very red) skin. We went to a small beach resort called Progreso. The sun just fried my skin and I even put a tone of sun screen.....o well I am going to have to get used to it. We also took a bananas boat ride.....seemed fun...i think night. There is nothing worse than having salt water blasting you eyeballs.....it feels so good. Last night we went to a small local bar where the have live music every night. The same bands plays and we just loving going there to listen the the music. We are such dedicated fans that the band knows us all by name. The newest hit in Mexico is called Matame, which is a great song. Today was a relaxing day for me. I needed it. There is currently some violence going on in Merida. Twelve bodies without heads were found in the area. The think that beheadings have to do with drug trafficking. None of you have anything to worry about, we are safe and they will not bother us. You can read more about it on this site.
http://www.newsdaily.com/stories/n29473218-mexico-drugs/
I just moved in with my host family tonight. My Spanish is going to improve so much. They wanted me to move in early because they want to take me to some type of event in the morning. My host dad Don Aurthur workes in the poor part of town working on development. I will help him some this semester. Senora Maria is my host mom. They have 4 large labs that never stop barking. A girl for Kentucky and a different program will be moving in on Sept. 10 so that will be nice. We my host parents and I were walking to the store tonight, we saw and ton of people in all white. There had been a huge protest about the beheadings. We are not allowed to go to any protests or we will get thrown in jail.....crazy. Everything is going great. Miss you all. Take Care.
Isaac
note to self- Too much sunscreen is never enough...........

1 comentario:
Isaac! A mi me gusta mucho tus notas a to misma! Son bien divertidos! Te echo de menos. Suerte con el semestre!
Un abrazote,
Beth
Publicar un comentario