martes, 2 de septiembre de 2008


Sings "Summer Nights" at a karaoke bar called Canta (to sing) Mexico.
Believe it or not we got a standing ovation!
Hola.....tengo calor
It is still hot, humid, and sticky.....I got soaked in my first tropical rain storm.......very cool. Orientation is great. Last night 12 of us students went to the Plaza Grande to watch authentic dances. It was fun to watch. It was all older couples over the age of 55, and boy can they move. We also talked to the locals that were working at there small displays set up around the Plaza. I also tried this thing where I threw a stick with two other sticks....not as easy as it looks. My Spanish is slowly coming back. The other students are so great. I have been scoping out a bunch of different churches I want to attend on different Sundays. They are huge and beautiful. I have three hours a week of service learning which will either be done at an orphanage or a free school that teachers English. I would like to do both, but who know. Today we took a tour of the city on a bus....it was very fun. I do not remember any of the name of the buildings, but nonetheless it was great. The bell just rang, it is time for lunch.

Buenos Dias

Not to self: Never complain about cold showers again.....they are truely a blessing
.

No hay comentarios: