We I do not really even know were to get started. All is well and I am truely enjoying my time in Mexico. Lets see.....I have be to Chichen Itza, one of the New 7 wonders of the world....very impressive even though we do not really know if that is how in looked backed in the ancient day....that is how the archeologists think it looked. But nonetheless, it was really great. I am have also been to the ruins of Uxmal in the Puuc Hills region. Their mosaic wall facades are amazing and very extensive.
The other weekend I helped to start fixing up a area in the working class part of town. It is going to be a safe place for children to go play. I painted the bases of trees white because it helps keep the bugs/ants off. It was really hot and itching.....my legs were all bit up, but it was really worth it.
This past weekend I traveled to Cancun with Emily and Cassie to meet up with Cassie's parents, who are the most geneorus people in the world. We stayed in the Flamigo Resort and had a great relaxing weekend. It was full of laughter and pool volleyball. I do not like how americanized Cancun is. We had to ask people to talk to us in Spanish. I got really tan, for once in my life my skin is not fall off my body two days after returning from the beach....this is a big deal. I can actually sleep with my face making me want to scream because it hurts so bad.I also boogie boarded on the massive waves at Cancun....I am thinking of going professional.
Yesterday I had the most enjoyable basketball practice. My kids are still late and never listen but they are fun and and are getting better. I told them I am Micheal Jordan's brother. They got a kick out of that. We have a hand shake and they call me Jalapeno. It really funny.
So the other day i bought a dvd of the street...it had 3 movies in one. I was pretty excited....i only paid 2 dollars....lets just say it was definently pirated. You can see people stand up in the theature and hear them laugh. It is so great.
I want to thank everyone who has been send me letters. It has been so enjoyable to get mail down here. Miss and love ya all.
I will try to be better about updating!
Note to self: Never force anyone to eat eggs everyday for an entire semester.....mom that means no eggs over break, I will puke.
martes, 21 de octubre de 2008
Suscribirse a:
Enviar comentarios (Atom)

No hay comentarios:
Publicar un comentario